Learn the various selection methods and how they can be utilized in the pixel persona.
- [Instructor] Let's take a moment to take a look…at how to sample by sampling pixels.…This image is a little bit complicated.…Seems like it's easy, but where we have and issue…is right in here getting in between these circles.…I could use the brush selection tool…and make a pretty decent selection,…but then I'd have to go into each one of these areas.…Let's look at sampling color by sampling the pixel color.…Let's just back out of this.…Select your image.…Make sure you're in the pixel mode, of course.…
Go to the top and select, "select sample color."…By default, it makes a rough estimate…of what you're trying to select.…But I want to make my own selection here.…I'm going to go ahead, look in this image,…and click one time right in there.…What you'll notice is…it did a great job selecting all this area here,…but then we have all this mess out there,…on the outside here.…One thing you have to keep in mind, guys,…there is no one tool that does everything for you.…
Some tools out there, they somewhat do it,…but there are times when you need to learn how…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.