Learn the various selection methods and how they can be utilized in the pixel persona.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I'd like to go over…selecting color by color range.…There may be instances where you just want to…get rid of the red, blue or green channels in an image.…Maybe you bought some stock photography…and you want to get rid of the green screen.…So this would a quick and easy method…for you to do that.…If you select your image by clicking…on the image icon, here on the right,…and make sure that you're in the pixel persona…by clicking the pixel persona, and you'll notice…we're in the pixel persona because we're editing pixels.…And if you go up to the top,…select Color Range, and then select Blues,…it'll go through this image and select all…the blue tones in here.…
So maybe you want to go and add an adjustment layer…maybe to this image.…And you'll notice it's only affecting that area.…Okay, another thing you could do,…is I'm going to command z that, you can hit cmd + shift + i,…inverse the selection, and then go down here…and create a mask layer, like so.…So it's really easy to select color by color range.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.