Learn the various manipulation features of the object box.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'd like to talk…about scaling, shearing and rotating, but before I do that,…I'd like to address something that I did not address…in the previous video on text.…What I'd like you to do is to add text to this label.…And I didn't do that in the previous video,…so let's go ahead and do that here.…So, if I click on this item, you'll notice that is says,…embedded document over here in the layers panel.…I want to edit that document by double clicking.…And you'll see that it opens up in it's own embedded tab.…Okay, so here's the document.…Here's our embed.…
So grab the text tool by hitting T on your keyboard…and just click and drag out some text and 88 points is fine.…And I'm going to type in a name for this label.…South Africa, like so.…I'm going to grab my move tool here and I'm just going to…get this in place where I would like it.…I'm using snapping,…so it snaps right along that vertical line, right there.…And I'm happy with the placement.…So if you go back to your document, you see that…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.