Learn how to Save and reuse text styles in a project.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…I made you aware of where the character…and the paragraph panels were…and how you could use those to manipulate your text…and refine them the way that you would like.…Now, I did mention that I would show you…how to do textiles.…And in Affinity Designer, it's pretty easy.…So, here's our layout.…I already have some textiles applied to this.…Now, you need to go to the textile panel,…which should be open here.…But, if it's not, go up to "View."…"Studio"…And then select, "Textile."…Now, you can see I have some textiles already set up here.…
And I'll show you a few features to do that.…If you look here at the bottom,…you can add a Paragraph Style here.…You can create a Character Style,…a Group Style.…You can also update your style…and update your character style.…So, if you make any changes here…with some of these features…and you need to update the style that you created,…you would just click these two buttons.…Then, of course, you could trash styles as well, too.…So, if you look where I'm selecting these objects.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.