Learn to start a project with an organizing game plan.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I would like to take a moment…to talk about saving your work and organizing your files.…Everyone has their own way of naming their files…and saving their projects for future edits…and for backing up their work.…Why is this so important?…Well, if you're just starting out,…you might be saving and referring to documents…and images from other computers.…You also may have research you've collected around the web…for inspiration and references.…So let me take a moment to share with you…how I'd like to organize and save my files.…So let's go over to the Chapter folder…and what you'll notice here is I have a zip file…and it's named Client_Name_Project.…
Now the reason why I have a zip file in here is…when I create a new project, I like to just click…on this zip file so I don't have to recreate…the structure of my folder every time I start a new project.…So if I double click on this file…what you'll notice is it unzips the file and makes a folder…and all I need to do is click the client name…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Design (2016)with Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.