Learn the various selection methods and how they can be utilized in the pixel persona.
- [Instructor] So I'd like to take a moment…to talk about modifying a pixel selection…after you've already made the selection.…There are a few features you may not know…are available so let's just go through…a couple of 'em real quick.…If you grab your selection brush here,…make sure you guys are in the Pixel persona…and not the Draw persona,…and if we go here, we click on this pixel layer…and we make a selection,…so there's a good contrast, obviously,…between this so the selection was…pretty quick and easy.…If you go up to the top and you say Select,…Grow/Shrink, this Grow/Shrink selection…will allow you to increase or decrease…the area of selection.…
Now, you may notice if we zoom in here…just a tad by hitting Command +,…what you may notice is it's not actually…a perfect circular shape,…so there's this little feature right here,…and make sure you have it checked off,…you click Circular and it's a much cleaner circle.…So what you could do is increase or decrease…the selection and then grab your Paint bucket tool here,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Design (2016)with Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.