This video explains the various methods of vector node manipulation functions.
- [Instructor] In the last movie,…I showed you how to create the profile…of this bottle using the pen tool…and I told you, in the next movie,…we're going to complete the opposite side of this bottle.…But, before I do that, I want to show you…how to manipulate and adjust the nodes on your image.…So if you go up to the top here…and what you'll see is,…you see my line is not as clean…and straight as I would like to be…and since we're dealing with a…object that would be machined,…we want it to look exactly the same on the opposite side.…
So I'm just going to make a couple of adjustments…just so it feels a little bit better to me…and then we'll copy it over and combine the two…lines to create a shape.…So, if you go over to the left hand side here…and hit the node tool or click A on your keyboard,…as the shortcut, and I'm just going to zoom in here…and I'm going to turn on my grids…by holding down the Command key and hitting semicolon.…And I'm going to click on this line…and now you could see all my different node points,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.