Learn how to use the Stroke panel to add character to a stroke.
- [Instructor] The stroke panel let's you set…the properties of lines, curves,…as well as shapes and vector brushstrokes.…Throughout this course, you watch me use…the context toolbar to make adjustments…to the properties of the stroke,…but let's take a deeper look at the Stroke panel.…If you don't have the panel open already,…you can open it up by going up to the top of your screen…and going to View, Studio,…and then selecting Stroke.…I already have it selected,…I already have it opened up right here,…and I'm just going to actually drag this panel out.…I'm also going to take the Layers panel,…and I'm going to drag that out so I have…more room to see all my layers.…
We'll drop that in there.…Let's take a look at the Stroke panel.…I'm going to zoom in a little bit here,…and what you'll notice is this little…image that I created here was made from a series…of shapes and strokes, just really simple…just so I could get the point across to you guys.…Let's take a look at the Stroke panel,…and if you select these two items here,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Design (2016)with Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.