Join Ronnie McBride for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing Pixel Brushes, part of Affinity Designer Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So, like I said before,…there are all these different categories.…So you can make all these selections.…This comes with Affinity Designer.…So this is right out of the box;…they give you a great selection and there's some other ones…that you'll be able to download…that are free from the community.…But if you look at this,…what you'll see by double-clicking…is all the parameters that were set up…for this particular brush, the dynamics and the jitter.…All this stuff is based on pressure sensitivity…if they select that or, if you don't want it to be based…on any of that, you could disable that.…
But you have all these other options as well too:…tilt, rotation, velocity; all these different parameters…that are based on the dynamics of using a digitizer pen…or a Wacom tablet or something like that.…So you can definitely assign different properties…to all these different types of properties.…So, real quick, I'm going to show you how to create…a custom brush in the pixel persona.…If you click here, just like the other one,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Designwith Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.