- [Instructor] Force pixel alignment…will snap objects nodes and handles…and pixel selections to full pixels when created.…If this option is off, objects and selections…can occupy partial pixels.…So, this is important when you're doing UI and web design.…So for you guys who are doing that kind of work…this is very important for you to know.…Because any time you see a job description…is talking about pixel perfect alignment,…this is the type of stuff they're talking about.…So, I have this little wire frame mock up that I have here…and when you're snapping objects inside of Affinity Designer…I'm hitting CMD + to zoom in.…
When you're snapping objects to Affinity Designer,…what happens is they snap…anywhere on the grid as you can see, right.…Now the problem is, where it snaps…it could be .1 pixel, it could be half a pixel…and that's a big problem for programmers.…So what you need to do is to turn on force pixel alignment…and what that does it it forces it to the whole pixel.…
You notice down here that number now…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.