Learn the basic commands for exporting various popular formats like .svg, .psd, .pdf, and .png.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the section…on exporting your work…from the file export command.…If you have a file that you want to export quickly…and you don't want to jump into the export persona,…just go up to File,…Export, and then you get this window.…Up at the top are all the different file formats…that you can export from this command window.…Below it, you have the dimensions…and you could unlock and relock…the aspect ratio of the document,…so you could actually change this.…
Then you have the presets…depending on what file format you're exporting,…re-sampling, you can save affinity layers…if it's a document that supports multi-layer export.…Below that you have the area…so you could export the whole document,…you could export the selection without background…and if you're using slices,…then you want to use the export persona…but if not, and you're just exporting…a individual selected object,…then you want to use this.…
The main screen and register…that actually are the names of my art boards that are here,…so you could export the art boards independently…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.