Learn how to export a PSD to be shared with non Affinity Designer users to open in Adobe Photoshop.
- [Instructor] In this video, we can take some time…talking about exporting PSDs and importing PSDs.…Now, I know everybody's been wondering if we could actually…import and export files from Photoshop, and you can do it.…And the files do come in perfectly fine, to an extent.…The only issue that I find…between exporting and importing is fonts.…So when you export from Affinity Designer,…the fonts actually don't communicate over.…
They actually rasterize or they vectorize the fonts.…So you'll get your actual layers in there,…and your effects, to some degree.…If you're using any type of special effects…that doesn't communicate over, what happens is,…Affinity will rasterize those effects…and put them on a layer.…So you won't have the ability to use adjustment layers…in Photoshop to edit those.…But you'll still be able to get the file in there.…And it'll still be visually okay,…it's just that you'll lose the ability to edit it.…
So let me first show you how to…export from Affinity.…If you go up to the top and you go to file, export,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.