Learn the more refined export tools found in the export persona.
- [Instructor] So we worked in the draw persona…and we worked in the pixel persona,…and now I want you to take a look at the export persona.…So click on the export persona right here in the top left,…and you see that all of our tools have changed…and the studio has changed.…So let's take a look and see what we have here.…Over here on the left we have our tools.…We have our slice tool,…and then we have our slice selection tool,…and then a hand tool, and a zoom tool here.…Our canvas is the same over here…and then on the right top we have the export options.…Down here we have the layers…and then we have the slices…so when you create a slice, it ends up here.…
The layers, you will not be able to manage layers…by moving them and renaming them or anything.…This is just for turning on the view of items in that layer…within this tool.…Below that we have the create slice option,…so we can create slices directly from the layers.…So if you choose the layer,…and then you click create slice,…we will create a new slice.…Down below we have our transform,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Designwith Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.