Learn how to create the various types of swatches.
- [Instructor] The Swatches panel makes it easy…to use the predefined swatches,…like the Pantone Matching System, also known as PMS.…You can also use the Swatches panel…to define your own swatches,…so that you can save and reuse colors in your current…or future projects.…In this movie, I'm going to walk you through the essentials…of the Swatch panel.…So, if you don't have your Swatch panel opened up,…just go up to View, Studio, Swatches.…And let's look at the anatomy of this panel.…At the top, you have a mini color chooser,…so it's just like the color panel,…but it's a smaller version right here.…
So, you have the picker and you can control the opacity.…Below that, you have the last 10 swatches of color…that you used.…Below that, you have the palette chooser…and right now I have chosen the Document palette…that I created.…Below that, you have the application palettes.…You have the system palettes…and you have the Pantone palette.…To the right of that, you could add the current fill…to whatever active color well that you have,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.