Learn how to use the various color modes of the Color panel and how to apply color to objects and strokes.
- [Instructor] When you create a new document you define…the document's color format, but when you want to define…the colors of a line, a stroke or shape in your document,…you would do so in the color pallet.…So let's take a moment to go over the different ways…you can apply color.…So I have this little image setup here,…and we have some nice vibrant colors…and I'd like to make some edits to that,…so if I want to do that I need to click on the object…and then go over here to the color panel and I can actually…choose by double clicking a color, that's one way.…
Okay so let's say I made it green.…The other way would be to actually use the color picker…and you can see it gives me RGB values of colors,…and I'm gunna pick that black and press the well…and it applies the color.…Another way to choose color, is to use the color wheel,…and drag around the wheel until you find the color…that you want.…You can also change the opacity of that color as well.…
And also you can actually change, from the color wheel,…and use a slider, you can use a box method or tint.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.