Become familiar with the benefits of embedding a document.
- [Narrator] Embedding a document allows you to place…a Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Photoshop,…Illustrator, Freehand, SVG, EPS, or PDF document…into your current document without the need…to open each file.…So let's start by opening up a new file.…We want to go up to File, Open, and navigate to your…Chapter One folder, and we're going to click on the…05 Start file.…We're going to click that and open it.…And what you'll see here is we have a document…that has a background, it has the iPhone body,…and then I've created another layer here…where I want you to place your embedded document.…
So we're going to select that layer,…and we're going to go to File, Place, navigate to…Chapter One folder, and we're going to click on 05 Embed.…Click Open.…And you get this little icon saying that you're going…to place an image here or a document in this case.…We're going to click and we're going to drag.…Okay, so now we have an embedded document within…our Affinity Designer document.…If you want to see if that's an embedded document,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.