Learn the basics of starting a new file.
- [Instructor] There are three ways to create…a new file in Affinity Designer.…The first way is to go up to File and hit New…or you could use the shortcut command N or control N…if you're on a PC.…I'm going to cancel that.…The second way to create a new file in Afinity Designer…is if you go to a browser,…and you right click on an image…and you do Copy Image,…then you go back to Affinity,…go to File, New From Clipboard…and it creates a new document with the image…that you copied to your clipboard…at the same dimensions of the image…as you can see here.…
Now, the last way to create a file in Affinity Designer…is if you go your desktop…or any folder on your system,…you click and you drag and drop it over the icon,…whether it be on your dock or on your desktop,…and it creates a new file.…So, those are the three ways that you create files…in Affinity Designer from scratch.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.