Learn how to create a brush, how to import .abr Photoshop brushes, and how to export Affinity brushes.
- [Instructor] Affinity Designer comes with a great…selection of preset brushes right out of the box.…You can also find free brushes that are being made…by other members of the Affinity Designer community.…If you're a Photoshop user…and you built up a library of your favorite brushes,…don't worry, you can import your .ABR brushes…right into Affinity Designer.…In this lesson, I'm going to show you how…to create and manage your brushes.…Now, there are two types of brushes in Affinity Designer.…There are vector brushes and there are pixel brushes,…and both are managed in their respective persona.…
So, if you look over here at the top left hand side,…I'm in the draw persona, and this is my brush palette.…If I click on the pixel persona…and I click on the brush palette,…you'll notice that…some different brushes are here,…and there's different categories as well too.…So if you go back to draw persona,…there are different categories as well here too.…Let's focus on the draw persona right now,…and I'm going to just pull out this brush panel…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Design (2016)with Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.