Join Ronnie McBride for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating layer effects and adjustment layers, part of Affinity Designer Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we went over the gradient and the transparency tool.…And in this video, I'd like to go over the effects panel…and the effects in the layer effects as well.…Now, I've worked out this image a little bit more…in a little bit more detail.…We have a little bit of a drop shadow down here,…a little bit of a reflection,…and I've adjusted the colors a bit.…But, I want to show you how I did that…with the effects.…If you go over here to the right-hand side…and we're going to just drag out this effects tab.…
Now, I personally don't use this panel.…I prefer to use the panel that's found in layers.…So, I'm going to dock the layers over here.…And the reason why I don't use this panel is because…this panel is really great…if you want to apply effects really quickly.…But, it doesn't give you many options…for really customizing of this.…So, I'm letting you know it's there.…If you like to use it, if it works for you,…definitely use it.…But I prefer to use effects over here,…down at the bottom.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Designwith Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.