- [Instructor] Welcome to the section on gradients.…I'd like to show you guys how to use the gradient tool…to add a little dimension to this layout.…If you've been working through this course,…you'll notice that there are a few elements here…that you should be familiar with.…We have the label and we also have…the outline profile of the bottle that we created earlier.…So now, I'm going to add a few gradients.…So, go and hit the G key on your keyboard…or you can click the gradient tool right here…and we're going to drag out the gradient.…So, I'm going to click and I'm going to drag.…
But, you've got to make sure that you…select the objects you want to add the gradient to first…and we'll zoom back just a little bit here.…And, click and drag.…Okay, so it drags out the gradient…and what you'll notice is, there's this little lever here…to control where the gradient starts and ends,…from one color to the next.…This is one stop, this is the other stop.…When you click on one of these color stops,…you can change the color, like so.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.