- [Instructor] Compound shapes provide a flexible approach…to creating a variety of shapes from separate objects…using Boolean operations.…So in this video I'd like to show you how to access…the compound shapes and create your own individual shapes…by using two different shapes to start,…and you can use two or as many shapes as you like,…but we're gunna work with two.…So I have a square here, as you can see, and a circle,…and what's important to know about these two objects,…are that when you apply these compound operations…at the top right hand corner here.…
The object that is on top will affect the object…that's below it.…Okay so right now I have the circle on top of the square…and I need to select both those objects.…So I need to select the circle first,…select the square, then click the first one,…which is add.…And what you'll notice, is that it takes on the color…of the second object and combines the two as one shape.…So if I double click on that you'll notice we have…node points for that one shape.…
I'm gunna command Z that, and we're gunna take a look…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.