Learn the various selection methods and how they can be utilized in the pixel persona.
- [Narrator] In the previous videos…we spent a lot of time in the Draw persona.…And now, I'd like to turn your attention…over to the Pixel persona.…So if you go over to the top left hand side…and you click the pixel persona icon,…you'll notice that all the tools have changed…over here on the left hand side.…So, let's take a look at some of the basic…selection tools that you'll use to…manipulate pixels in an image.…On the left hand side we have the rectangular,…circle, row, and column marquee tools.…And you can cycle through those by hitting…the "M" key on your keyboard, so just hit "M"…and you'll notice you can cycle through that.…
Then we have these two tools here,…the L key for the lasso tool,…and the W key for the selection brush.…Now, let me show you…how some of these tools work.…The marquee tool, if you click on that, or click M…on your keyboard, you click and you drag,…you make a selection.…You can keep adding to that selection,…just by clicking and dragging.…Now, if you look up top here,…you see Add, Subtract, Intersect.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.