Learn how to create, manage, and share assets in a project.
- [Instructor] The Assets panel is a library…of stored design elements that can be accessed…at any time in an open document.…Let's take a quick look at it.…By default, the Assets panel is not open,…so you need to go to View, Studio, Assets,…and what you'll notice is the Asset panel comes…with some assets already.…There is a category for IOS 10 items.…So you'll see in here, you have CONTROLS,…and MESSAGES.…So, originally, I think most people were thinking…about UI development and mobile app development,…and so it comes with a bunch of assets…just for that kind of thing, and it's really easy to use.…
So if you just create a new art board here,…hold on, I'm just going to drag this out real quick,…and all you need to do to add assets to your document…is just drag them out, okay.…So, we're going to do something a little bit different,…and we're going to create our own category of assets.…So I'm going to go ahead and I'm just going to delete this,…and when I go up to the top, click Create New Category.…
Now, by default, the category is named ASSETS,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.