Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Hello, my name is Ronnie McBride and I'll be your instructor for the Affinity Designer course, and in this course, I'll start by breaking down the different task-specific work environments Affinity calls personas. Next, I'll show you how to use the drawing tools such as the pen and the corner tool, and I'll also be introducing you to the brush panel where I'll show you how to create your own custom brush. We'll be covering a great deal of information, but after completing this course, I hope you feel confident and proficient at navigating and applying what you have learned here to your own personal work.
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Design (2016)with Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.