Transferring the appearance from one element to another is easy with XD. Just select an element, copy it, then go to the one you want the styles copied to and choose Paste Appearance. You can transfer fills, strokes, text styles, and more.
- [Instructor] You can transfer the appearance of object very easily in Adobe XD. So let's say I want to recreate this appearance but in another shape, another kind of element. So I will start here. I'll just activate my square grid, move it up a little bit. Then I'll use the powerful pen tool to create an arrow, and the grid is helping me there. So let's say I wanna transfer this appearance to this guy.
So what I do is I go here and I copy, and I then select the other element, right click and choose to paste the appearance. And now all the properties that were under Appearance here on the property inspector will get transferred. Let's say I have this rectangle now that has rounded corners and is kinda gray. Let's say I wanna create another element here that's similar to that with that appearance. Again, I can right click to copy the element, select the target, right click and Paste Appearance.
So not only the color got transferred, but also the rounded corner went there. And the last thing, if you have images, let's say in the browser or in finder and I copy that for some reason, I can paste that for that to become the fill of this image. So let's go to the browser. Here I'm searching on Adobe stock. Let's say I like this image. I can right click and copy, so I have this bitmap in memory now. Now I can go into XD, select that object, right click and paste the appearance, and now that image becomes the fill of this shape.
And as you know, you can reposition this with double click and dragging, and you click outside to commit. So this is how you transfer appearance properties in Adobe XD.
- Understanding all tools in Design mode
- Bringing files for Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Working with text, vectors, image fills, and masks
- Repeating elements with the powerful Repeat Grid tool
- Resizing multiple elements with responsive resize
- Using the new Assets panel to manage symbols, colors, and character styles
- Sharing symbols across files, with text and image overrides
- Creating and consuming bitmaps and vectors from CC Libraries
- Extending the power of XD using great plugins