Select a text element and add its character style to the Assets panel. Apply the style with one click or right-click to edit, delete it from the panel, or highlight on canvas. Edit the character style and the occurrences will change on canvas.
- [Instructor] You can edit individual text elements by selecting it, then going to the property inspector. Here you can play with the font types. Let's say find something different, but I'm just changing this element. If I wanna change all instances where the stacked is with the same font and the same configuration for the text, I can use the assets panel. So let's open the assets panel, and just like I do with colors, I can select that text element, click here on the plus, and as soon as I do that, I get this type information showing me the type of the font, the type and the character spacing, line spacing, all that when I hover.
If I go to the grid view, I get a preview of that, so it gives me more hands-on how that font looks. So now with nothing selected, just like I do with colors, I can right click here, choose edit, and if I make changes to the font here, you can see that this is reflected throughout the whole document, updating everywhere where this font exists. Similar to what we can do with colors, as well, you can right click and say highlight this on Canvas, and this will show me where this font is used on Canvas, and the other way also works.
I can right click, Review Character Style in Assets, and it will show me where that text style is. If I select something that has multiple character styles, like this repeat grid, and I click there, it will give me all the different text properties that these elements have. And I can look for inconsistencies or bugs, making sure they all have similar and more precise styles. So this how I can manage colors and character styles to start building your design system in XD.
- Understanding all tools in Design mode
- Bringing files for Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Working with text, vectors, image fills, and masks
- Repeating elements with the powerful Repeat Grid tool
- Resizing multiple elements with responsive resize
- Using the new Assets panel to manage symbols, colors, and character styles
- Sharing symbols across files, with text and image overrides
- Creating and consuming bitmaps and vectors from CC Libraries
- Extending the power of XD using great plugins