Color is the first thing our brain processes before we even read text. In this video, graphic designer and brand strategist Nicte Cuevas shares how to use color to create emotion and achieve eye-catching results when working in Adobe Spark Post. Nicte uses the example of a non-profit that needs to raise awareness about their upcoming fundraiser. This tutorial provides easy strategies you can apply, no matter your industry, when using color to create emotion and help build brand recognition.
- [Instructor] Color can help us create emotion…in our graphics, and that's such a powerful way…to capture the attention of our viewers.…Color is the first thing that we see and feel connected to.…This is because color was ingrained in us from a very,…very young age, since we were about three-months-old.…So, before we even go into reading our type, we see color.…Color can influence our feelings…and it can be connected to culture,…personal experiences, social trends,…so this is a really great thing to keep in mind.…
So, I have this fantastic handout for you…that you can access in the files…to learn a lot more on how to use color to create emotion.…For now, I really wanna take you through the process on…how we can use this graphic that I have designed…and take it to another level to really use color…to capture that attention and create…that emotional connection we were just talking about.…So, right now, we have this graphic…that has this Mrs. Eaves there…and it's a non-profit, a rescue,…that's really trying to raise awareness…
- Creating a new post
- Adding icons and photography
- Defining the goals of your design
- Saving time with branded templates
- Using color to create emotion
- Using type and color to capture attention
- Best practices for pairing fonts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Spark Post
2. Designing in Spark Post
3. Persuading through Color
Color and type3m 33s
4. Getting Creative with Type
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.