Photography is a powerful tool to intrigue your audience. In this tutorial, learn the process that Nicte Cuevas uses in captivating viewers with photography when designing in Adobe Spark Post. Nicte incorporates how a nonprofit, mental health awareness campaign and a business can all captivate their audience through photography. In addition, learn strategies to achieve this no matter your industry.
- [Instructor] Captivating viewers with photography…is such a powerful way for us to evoke emotion,…create visual reference, inspire action,…and really build that connection that we want…through our graphics and our visuals.…But using the wrong photography can actually…make or break our message, so I have an example here…where the copy is exactly the same on both examples…from left and right but, the photographs are different.…The one on the left is talking about depression…and recovery so the theme here is mental health.…
So we're really tryna build awareness…and that's what I was tryna convey with this graphic,…but the image on the left really just makes me feel…more depressed, is just very visually busy…and I don't even wanna read the copy and much less…if I'm looking for help, I won't want…to read more because I'm actually feeling…even more sad by looking at the image.…Now let's take a look at the image on the right.…As I see this beautiful couple, they're holding their child,…and I am more intrigued and I kinda feel more like,…
- Creating a new post
- Adding icons and photography
- Defining the goals of your design
- Saving time with branded templates
- Using color to create emotion
- Using type and color to capture attention
- Best practices for pairing fonts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Spark Post
2. Designing in Spark Post
3. Persuading through Color
Color and type3m 33s
4. Getting Creative with Type
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.