If you have put several images on a page, there is an option in Adobe Portfolio that allows you to see that content in a lightbox. This lets the user click on your photos and see one great image at a time. Instructor Richard Harrington walks you through how to set up your page so that the content in your portfolio can be displayed with a lightbox.
- If you've put several images on a page, perhaps in a single page or using the Photo Grid, there is a great option that allows you to see that content in a lightbox. So the user can click and then really see one great image at a time. Depending upon your theme, or template, this option may already be on. What you're going to want to do is click on the Edit your Settings option and select the category called Site Options. From the second tab, Lightbox for images, make sure that this is enabled.
This can be quite useful if you have multiple images on a page. Now, you can affect the color for that lightbox. For example, I prefer this to be a nice middle gray. So I'll drag this over a little bit to a neutral gray. Not one that has a color cast, but something non-distracting. There we go. That reminds me of Lightroom and I'll click done. You can also adjust the opacity so that you can see through a little bit to the page down below. Let's click done.
Now, I'll preview the site. I'll click the Preview button here in the floating toolbar and I can see the individual site. Let's open up this landscape gallery. And I'll click on an image to view it. You see it opens up and there's the gray background. Now this gray background is slightly transparent. You can see that just bleeding through is what's underneath. So in fact if you try to click you can't click on those items but you see there's something back there.
Which would prompt you to click the close button. Let's go back to Photography here. And we'll open up the street category. And if I choose an image it goes to that lightbox view. Now I can easily navigate to the next image by clicking the arrow on the screen. You can also use the left and right arrow keys to step through several images so the user can navigate and explore your photography. Now, this option may be on by default, but if you don't see it, it's pretty easy to access.
Just go back to editing your site. Click the Back to Edit button, go to edit your settings, then choose Site Options. You'll find it under Lightbox for images. This'll make it easy to customize exactly how that's displayed. When you're satisfied, click Done.
- Choosing your template
- Customizing your portfolio
- Saving photos for the web
- Adding items to a portfolio
- Organizing portfolio content
- Creating About and Contact pages
- Publishing your portfolio