Watch this course to learn the ins and outs of creating professional designs and artwork using crisp, scalable vector shapes in Photoshop.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Photoshop for Designers: Working with Shapes. The Shape tools in Photoshop are often overlooked, even by some who consider themselves Photoshop experts, which is a shame because combing scalable vector shapes into your Photoshop compositions can improve your work flow and give you extra creative options. In this course, we'll start out with the basics of how to use the Shape tools as well as talk about their strengths and limitations. In chapters three and four, we'll look at ways to combine Shapes with work course Photoshop features like Small Objects, Layer Effects and Masking, and I'll suggest some creative options for how to get the most out of Shapes.
Finally, we'll finish up with a look at different ways to create and manage your own custom shapes. So let's get started.
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.