Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Libraries, part of Creating a Poster with Adobe Mobile Apps.
- [Voiceover] For this course, we're going to be setting up a CC library. Now, CC libraries aren't the same things as folders and such. Your Creative Cloud folder can have lots and lots of other subdirectories and all different kinds of things in it, even things that don't have anything to do with Creative Cloud at all, whereas libraries are more project specific. If I come over to the right-hand side here and illustrate it, you'll see I have the Libraries panel, just there, and if it wasn't visible, you would be able to find it in the Window menu, just there.
I'll just swap out to Photoshop for a second, so you can see I get exactly the same experience just there, and it'll be similar in design and so on. So, we're going to need to create a new library for this project. And that's easily achieved by going to the top right of the Libraries panel and clicking the flyout menu there, and choosing the Create New Library option. Then give it a name. I'm going to call mine Poster Project, just here. You can go along with whatever scheme you want.
Just remember that when I'm referring to the Poster Project Library, just have to swap your name for that one. Once you click Create, you're ready to go. That will be synchronized by Creative Cloud to your devices and your other applications. Just to show you again, I'm going to swap out to Photoshop just here. And you see if I go to the Libraries menu in the drop down, I'll have at the top Poster Project, because it was the most recently created thing. Once you got the library sorted, then you are ready to move on to the next chapters where we'll be creating assets to add to the library.
- Drawing and defining the basics shapes in Capture CC
- Developing a color palette with Capture CC
- Creating brushes to paint with Capture CC
- Laying out the poster in Comp CC
- Fine-tuning the poster in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/05/2016. What changed?
A: We added two new movies, "Drawing gestures" and "Grids and guides," to address interface changes to Comp CC.