Learn the behaviors, strengths, and shortcomings of the Photoshop Polygon shape tool, which is useful for drawing polygons and stars.
- Let's look at the options for the Polygon Tool.…You can set the number of sides to the polygon up here,…and if you click on the gear, you can also choose…to make the polygon into a star.…I'm gonna start with just a regular polygon,…so I'm clicking and dragging.…If I want to reposition this as I'm doing so,…I'm holding down the spacebar.…If I want the bottom of the polygon to be on a level plane,…I need to hold down the Shift key.…Now, you can see that's not working.…This is a little fiddly.…You need to jiggle it around a bit.…
I'm gonna let go of the spacebar now,…and when I drag up, then, eventually,…it will put the polygon on a flat plane.…Now, I'm going to draw a star, so let's check that option,…and I'll draw myself a star.…It looks like I've got some smooth indents,…which I don't want, so let me just undo that.…There's my star.…Likewise, if I want the two bottom points…to be on a level plane, I am gonna hold down the Shift key,…and that should snap into place.…
If it doesn't, just give it a little jiggle…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.