Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Paint Inside option in Photoshop Sketch layers, part of Adobe Mobile Apps For Designers.
- [Narrator] In the previous movie we filled a layer…with solid color.…In this movie what we're going to do…is use the Paint Inside option…to limit where paint is being applied within a layer.…In the layer above I have something that's giving this…color behind the cartoon of my big fat face.…And what I want to do is start to paint there,…but I don't want to paint into the background…and have to come out and keep erasing it,…I want to paint quite freely.…
So what I can do is tap to access the layer's options…and then make sure that Paint Inside is selected,…as it is here already.…And then I can start to work with other colors…and paint freely on the layer.…So if I make this somewhat lighter, for example,…and now come out with this smudge brush,…then I can start to paint on this side…and even though my strokes are going well and truly…outside of the object, I know you can't see those,…but the paint is only being applied in those areas.…
However, what you do need to be aware of here,…and this is why I've painted this in this way,…
- Exploring the Adobe Capture CC interface
- Spot-healing in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Creating soft-focus effects
- Painting in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Importing a photo and making adjustments with Adobe Photoshop Mix
- Sending your projects to Adobe Photoshop CC
- Creating a new Adobe Comp project
- Managing products and documents in Adobe Comp CC
- Drawing with the basic tools in Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Exploring Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Sharing your work on Behance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/02/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: exploring the Capture interface, generating vector shapes, creating color themes, creating Photoshop and Illustrator brushes, and importing photos and making adjustments with Photoshop Mix. In addition, new videos were added that cover finding typefaces with Capture, creating materials in Capture, sending your work to Photoshop CC, transforming layers in Illustrator Draw, and more.
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Adobe Capture
2. Adobe Photoshop Fix
Members-only features2m 20s
3. Adobe Photoshop Mix
4. Adobe Comp CC
5. Illustrator Draw
6. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.