Learn about finding new shapes online, and creating a shape from an Illustrator symbol, for use in your Photoshop layouts.
- We've seen, using the mobile app, Capture,…and we've seen, using Illustrator's Image Trace,…to create our Photoshop custom shapes.…Here are some other sources for…Photoshop custom shapes.…If you type "Photoshop custom shapes" into…a web browser, you'll come up with hundreds,…if not thousands, of results.…Here is one such result.…This is on the website, Deviantart.com.…Download this and then you can either,…if you're working on the desktop or find out,…you can just double-click on the Style,…or if you want to load the shapes in Photoshop itself,…come to your Custom Shape Tool,…your Shape drop-down, and then…click on this gear, and you can choose…Load Shapes, and there is the file that I downloaded.…
It's going to be a .cfh file, open that,…and then all the way down at the bottom,…I have all these excellent Photoshop custom shapes…ready for me to use and adapt in…whatever way I see fit.…Another source is the Creative Cloud Market.…So if you come to your Creative Cloud app,…and then click on Assets, I'm going to type in…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.