Learn how to create and share a custom shape set with the Photoshop Preset Manager.
- If you've created your own Photoshop Custom Shapes,…you can use the Preset Manager to manage those Shapes.…And you can get to the Preset Manager…either from the Custom Shape tool,…the drop down, and then click on the gear,…and it is right there,…or you can come to the Edit menu,…and down to Presets,…Preset Manager.…So in the Preset Manager, you can manage your Brushes,…you Swatches, your Gradients, etc.…What we're after, of course, are our Custom Shapes.…
I'm going to scroll down to the bottom of my list of Shapes…where we see the four Custom Shapes that I've just created.…Let's say I wanted to share these Shapes with a colleague,…so I'm going to select them all,…and choose Save Set.…So let's say that I have a folder called Custom shapes…where I save my Shape sets in,…and I'm just going to call these…My Shapes.…So now, let's imagine that I've communicated this…to my colleague, I've given them the file,…and on their machine, they'll come to their…Shape drop down list.…
Of course, they won't see them,…I'm just going to reset these to the starting point.…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.