Understand how Live Shape properties can be edited in this Photoshop for designers tutorial.
- Let's take a look at the Live Shape Properties.…I'm going to begin by drawing a rectangle,…which I'll constrain to a square…by holding down the Shift key.…On my Live Shape Properties panel,…I can scrub over the width or the height…to change the size of that shape.…Currently the two are linked together.…If I unlink them, then I can change either…dimension independently.…I can also…move the shape by changing…the X and/or the Y coordinate.…
I can change the corners.…If I want to link the corners together,…I'll make sure that the link is clicked on,…and I can make that into a rounded rectangle.…If I click on the link again,…I can then change any of those corners independently.…In addition, on the Live Shape Properties panel,…we have the Fill, the Stroke, the Stroke Weight.…These properties we can also apply…to other shapes that are not considered Live Shapes,…like polygons.…
Let me draw a polygon and we'll see how…its Properties panel looks different.…So there's my star and you'll see…that we don't have those same corner options…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.