Learn about applying layer effects to shapes layers and about modifying those effects in Photoshop.
- This is a quick example of how we can transform…a simple shape layer through the application…of layer effects.…This is my starting point.…Now, I'm going to apply a style to this.…I'm going to come to my Styles panel.…If you don't see your Styles panel,…you'll find it under the Window menu.…I'll tear this off for ease of use,…and then I'm going to come and add some existing styles…to the Styles panel.…I will choose Glass Buttons, and I will append those…to what I already have, and I'll change my view…to a small list.…
Then, scroll down,…and the one I want is Translucent Glass.…This is my starting point.…Translucent Glass is made up of a beveled and emboss,…an inner glow, and a gradient overly.…I'm now going to edit those effects.…I'll start by reducing the opacity of my fill,…taking that all away down to zero,…so that all we're left with is the opacity and blending…of the effects themselves.…Then, with the bevel and emboss,…I'm going to reduce the depth.…
I'm going to reduce the size, soften it slightly more,…change the angle, and then I'm going to change the highlight…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.