Learn how to use a Capture pattern in Photoshop CC.
- [Tony] So, here were are in Photoshop…using this file with its shameless plug…for my Twitter and Instagram handle,…to see how using a pattern works in Photoshop.…What I'm going to do is, first of all,…make the background active,…because I want to add my pattern on top of that.…I'm going to go to My Library and you'll see my pattern…that I made in the movie, Butterfly, is here…along with another cheeky pattern called Rosy…that I made just there…and you'll see why I made the additional one…in just a moment.…
To use it, all I need to do is click on it…and a pattern fill layer is added to the document, like so.…You can get an idea of quite how big…and usable these things are.…The fact that it comes in at 25%, like so,…and there's plenty of image to be had just there.…I can even see in the individual details…on parts of the butterfly's wing there,…but it doesn't detract from it.…It in some way adds to that, I really like it,…but I want to try and scale it just a little bit.…
What I'm going to do is hover over the word scale…
- Exploring the Adobe Capture CC interface
- Spot-healing in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Creating soft-focus effects
- Painting in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Importing a photo and making adjustments with Adobe Photoshop Mix
- Sending your projects to Adobe Photoshop CC
- Creating a new Adobe Comp project
- Managing products and documents in Adobe Comp CC
- Drawing with the basic tools in Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Exploring Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Sharing your work on Behance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/02/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: exploring the Capture interface, generating vector shapes, creating color themes, creating Photoshop and Illustrator brushes, and importing photos and making adjustments with Photoshop Mix. In addition, new videos were added that cover finding typefaces with Capture, creating materials in Capture, sending your work to Photoshop CC, transforming layers in Illustrator Draw, and more.
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Adobe Capture
2. Adobe Photoshop Fix
Members-only features2m 20s
3. Adobe Photoshop Mix
4. Adobe Comp CC
5. Illustrator Draw
6. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.