Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Grids and guides, part of Creating a Poster with Adobe Mobile Apps.
- A new feature that was introduced…into Comp CC after the initial recording…of this title was the ability to add grids and guides…which of course are an essential part of creating…a decent, balanced design.…To access the grids and guides once you've got…a comp open, you simply tap the gear icon…at the top of the screen and you'll see grid…and guides as the second option down.…So if I tap on that I'm taken out to this screen…just here where I can start to build…my guide layout.…
So for example, this is just like creating margins…inside of in design.…I can pull these in and specify how far away…they are from the edge.…Now before you start trying to actually hit…a bang on dead measurement by pulling…backwards and forwards which might be…slightly frustrating, if you look at the top left hand…corner of the screen, you'll see there's a columns icon…just there.…In fact, that relates to everything about your grid…and you can see that you've got top, bottom,…left, and right measurements just there…that you can change to get your grid set up…
- Drawing and defining the basics shapes in Capture CC
- Developing a color palette with Capture CC
- Creating brushes to paint with Capture CC
- Laying out the poster in Comp CC
- Fine-tuning the poster in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/05/2016. What changed?
A: We added two new movies, "Drawing gestures" and "Grids and guides," to address interface changes to Comp CC.