Learn how to apply Photoshop filters to shapes in a nondestructive way.
- Another way we can transform our shape layers…is by applying smart filters to them.…This is my starting point.…So, to begin, before I apply a filter to this,…I would like to change the fill color to a gradient.…I'm going to come and choose my path tool…and then come and from my fill swatch…on the Tool options,…choose Gradient,…and then we'll have…a foreground-to-background gradient…but then I'll click on gradient bar…to edit the gradient…and choosing colors from my swatches panel,…I'm going to go with a gradient…that combines the blue with the off white.…
And I'm going to set this to be…a reflected gradient with an angle of 45 degrees.…Now, I want to roughen up the edges by…applying a filter and if I try and apply a filter,…and the filter I'm going to use in this case…is zig-zag, but the same would…hold true no matter what filter I apply,…we get this choice to make.…Do we rasterize it, in which case…the vectors are no longer scalable vectors,…but rather pixels subject to resolution…or do we convert to a smart object.…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.