Learn how to apply fill and stroke properties to Photoshop shapes
- We're going to look at the Fill and Stroke properties…of our shape layers.…In the case of the rectangle and the ellipse,…I can come and click on my Properties panel…and I will see, because these are Live shapes,…my Fill and my Stroke and my Stroke White,…but in the case of the triangle or polygon,…when I choose that,…I don't see those same properties.…So for that reason, I'm going to use my Path Selection tool…and when you're in your Path Selection tool,…regardless of whether it's a regular shape…or a Live shape, you'll see your Fill and your Stroke…on your Tool Options bar.…
Beginning with the rectangle,…an easy way to change the color…is just to double click on the layer thumbnail…or we can use the Fill dropdown…and we can also access the Color Picker…by clicking on this swatch…or we can choose from our existing swatches.…So the ellipse, I'm going to apply a gradient.…You can edit the gradient here.…You can change the type of gradient…and you can choose whatever colors are available…from the gradients that you have loaded.…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filters (2015)with Nigel French6h 32m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.