Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Fill layers and shapes in Illustrator Draw, part of Adobe Mobile Apps For Designers.
- [Instructor] If you've watched this movie…sequentially then you probably know that…you can fill a region with color.…Which I'm about to do now on the new layer…that I introduced into this illustration.…I'm going to use one of my drawing…assistants here, this ellipse,…just draw around parts of that, like so,…this is just for demonstration so I'm not…to worried about the end result.…But that is a complete circle.…If I turn off the layer there for the fill…in both of these cases,…you can see that.…
And if I long press inside that region…then it will fill.…But you may not know that you can actually…do that with a layer as well.…I'm going to add another layer…beneath the one that I was just using.…I'm going to change the color here…that I'm using so I'll use one of these…very, very dark purples here.…And then just long press and it…fills that layer with color.…Additionally,…if I change the opacity of the current brush,…and long press in the layer,…it fills it like so.…
So it uses the property of the current brush…to fill the layer.…
- Exploring the Adobe Capture CC interface
- Spot-healing in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Creating soft-focus effects
- Painting in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Importing a photo and making adjustments with Adobe Photoshop Mix
- Sending your projects to Adobe Photoshop CC
- Creating a new Adobe Comp project
- Managing products and documents in Adobe Comp CC
- Drawing with the basic tools in Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Exploring Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Sharing your work on Behance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/02/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: exploring the Capture interface, generating vector shapes, creating color themes, creating Photoshop and Illustrator brushes, and importing photos and making adjustments with Photoshop Mix. In addition, new videos were added that cover finding typefaces with Capture, creating materials in Capture, sending your work to Photoshop CC, transforming layers in Illustrator Draw, and more.
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Adobe Capture
2. Adobe Photoshop Fix
Members-only features2m 20s
3. Adobe Photoshop Mix
4. Adobe Comp CC
5. Illustrator Draw
6. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.