Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Fill a Photoshop Sketch layer with color, part of Adobe Mobile Apps For Designers.
- [Instructor] I'd like to add a solid color background…to the work I'm currently producing,…so I'm going to tap on the background to make it active.…I'm then going to add a brand new sketch layer…to the stack, like so.…From my brushes, what I'm going to do…is target one of these brushes,…it doesn't matter which, on the left hand side here,…and tap it again, so you can see what its options are.…I'm going to choose a different color.…So maybe I'll choose sort of an orangeish color, like so.…
And I'm going to reduce the opacity…down to about 50%, in that sort of ballpark.…If I now come and long press on the layer,…you'll see it gets filled with orange at 50%.…If I increase the opacity to 100% and long press,…then it fills with that.…And it will do it wherever there's a solid common area,…including with the eraser.…If I get the eraser and long press,…then you'll see it clears that layer, like so.…
So now you don't have to brush across things for ages,…which is what I used to have to do.…You can actually just long press on that layer…
- Exploring the Adobe Capture CC interface
- Spot-healing in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Creating soft-focus effects
- Painting in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Importing a photo and making adjustments with Adobe Photoshop Mix
- Sending your projects to Adobe Photoshop CC
- Creating a new Adobe Comp project
- Managing products and documents in Adobe Comp CC
- Drawing with the basic tools in Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Exploring Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Sharing your work on Behance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/02/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: exploring the Capture interface, generating vector shapes, creating color themes, creating Photoshop and Illustrator brushes, and importing photos and making adjustments with Photoshop Mix. In addition, new videos were added that cover finding typefaces with Capture, creating materials in Capture, sending your work to Photoshop CC, transforming layers in Illustrator Draw, and more.
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Adobe Capture
2. Adobe Photoshop Fix
Members-only features2m 20s
3. Adobe Photoshop Mix
4. Adobe Comp CC
5. Illustrator Draw
6. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.