Learn how to adapt a custom shape for a Photoshop design with the Pen tool.
- There will be times when you want to…edit a custom shape and you can do that…using your direct selection tool…and your pen tool.…Let's draw the custom shape to begin with.…I'm going to use the Holly shape.…And, I've managed to draw it…in the same color as the background.…So if I double click…on the shape layer,…I can change the color.…So I'm now going to come and choose my…direct selection tool. This is going to give me access…to the individual anchor points.…
Firstly, I'm going to click outside of the shape…to deselect it.…I'd like to delete the left hand…portion, so I'm going to just…swipe over a piece of that…and then press delete once.…Which will delete most of the subpath…and then delete a second time…which will delete the remainder.…Next I'd like to move one of these berries,…so I need to…select just that subpath and to do so…I will hold down my option or alt key…as I click on the path segment.…
Then to move it, I'm actually going to…drag from the anchor point itself,…and we'll put it right there.…Now I'm going to click outside of that to deselect.…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.