Get an introduction to the custom shape tool in Photoshop.
- As well as our regular shapes, our rectangles,…ellipses and polygons, we also have the Custom Shape Tool.…When you choose it, you'll have access to this dropdown…on your tool options bar, and the first time you…access this, these are the shapes that you'll see.…There are actually a lot more available to you,…if you come to the gear, and then you can load…your shape sets either thematically…or you can load them all.…I'm going to load them all.…I'm going to Append them to what I already have.…I'll now scroll down, and I'm going to choose this shape.…
Now, all of these shapes are fully…editable and scalable vectors.…And everything that we've mentioned thus far,…applies to Custom Shapes.…Everything in terms of changing the Fill and the Stroke,…and drawing them.…So to draw them, if you want to keep them proportional,…hold down the Shift key.…If you want to move it while you're drawing it,…hold down the Space bar.…And let's say I want to change the color of that,…I'm going to double-click on the layer thumbnail…and I'll just choose another color from my Swatches Panel.…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.