Learn how to update multiple instances of a web button with Photoshop shape layers.
- [Voiceover] Shape layers, when converted…to smart objects, can be extremely useful…when mocking up websites.…So here I have my wireframe website design,…I'm going to press Cmd, or Ctrl-; to turn on my…guide layout and I'm now going to create…the first of my web buttons.…I'll do this with my Rectangle tool.…And I want each of these buttons…to be three grid fields wide.…
Let's change its color to yellow…and I'm going to move it down in my layer stack.…So at this point, before my button is completed,…I'm going to convert it to a smart object.…I'll do that by right-clicking to the right…of the layer name, and choose Convert to Smart Object.…Now I'm going to duplicate that smart object,…in this case, five times, so I'll hold down Option key…and the Shift key and drag away from the original.…
Now if there is any inaccuracy there,…I can address that by selecting those six…button layers and distributing the space.…Now I'm going to edit one of those smart objects…by double-clicking on it and this will…take me to a separate document.…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.