Learn about lens effects, defocus, and vignette.
- [Male Instructor] Sometimes it's nice to really…accentuate a focal area in your image.…We have a couple of different tools…that can either be used on their own…or together to do that.…The first one is defocus.…What that allows us to do is basically…paint in a defocused area.…I'm going to tap that icon…which is over at the bottom on right hand side…almost at the very right edge.…If I tap there again I've got some brush controls here.…
I actually am going to use the largest brush I can.…I'm going to change the hardness of the brush.…I actually want the really, really soft brush.…I like soft transitions for things like this.…I'm going to drop the opacity down to about 30.…In fact it was there already so that's all good.…What I'm going to do now is I'm going…to paint in from the edges,…starting on the right hand side.…Just sort of defocus that hair on the edge.…You see that as I do this it gives me a small red overlay.…
I'll come quite away into the hair.…Just wobbling this around.…As I release you can see it starts to defocus that.…
- Exploring the Adobe Capture CC interface
- Spot-healing in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Creating soft-focus effects
- Painting in Adobe Photoshop Fix
- Importing a photo and making adjustments with Adobe Photoshop Mix
- Sending your projects to Adobe Photoshop CC
- Creating a new Adobe Comp project
- Managing products and documents in Adobe Comp CC
- Drawing with the basic tools in Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Exploring Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Sharing your work on Behance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/02/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: exploring the Capture interface, generating vector shapes, creating color themes, creating Photoshop and Illustrator brushes, and importing photos and making adjustments with Photoshop Mix. In addition, new videos were added that cover finding typefaces with Capture, creating materials in Capture, sending your work to Photoshop CC, transforming layers in Illustrator Draw, and more.
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Adobe Capture
2. Adobe Photoshop Fix
Members-only features2m 20s
3. Adobe Photoshop Mix
4. Adobe Comp CC
5. Illustrator Draw
6. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.