Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Create soft-focus and vignette effects, part of Adobe Mobile Apps For Designers.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Soft-focus is something that a lot of people…use to create emphasis on a certain part of a photo…and that's what we're gonna be talking about in this movie.…We're gonna add a soft-focus effect…to one of our photographs and we're also going to…then add a little bit of a vignette effect,…to actually give it that last little bit of pop.…So I'ma create a new composition here…and we're gonna go into my camera roll,…we're gonna select a photo,…and I'm just gonna look for…a photograph here with some flowers on it.…And we're gonna load that up…and its gonna come in just like this.…And so, basically what I want to do…is I wanna keep the flowers in focus,…everything else I want to kinda be out of focus.…
So what we're gonna do here is tap on D focus…down here at the bottom,…and you can see that I get brush controls…over on the left hand side.…And so I can increase or decrease the size of the brush,…I'm gonna increase it quite a bit,…something like 40,…and I'm gonna make sure the hardness of the brush is…very soft.…
- Creating custom patterns, color themes, and brushes with Capture CC
- Vector drawing with Adobe Draw
- Image editing and compositing with Photoshop Mix
- Retouching with Photoshop Fix
- Drawing and painting with Photoshop Sketch
- Creating layouts with Comp CC
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing on the iPad with Adobe Sketchwith Tony Harmer1h 11m Beginner
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Adobe Capture
2. Adobe Draw
3. Adobe Photoshop Fix
4. Adobe Photoshop Mix
5. Adobe Comp CC
Create a layout with Comp CC5m 47s
6. Adobe Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.