Learn how to use the Adobe mobile app Capture CC to capture a shape from an image, and then save it as a Photoshop custom shape.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- I'm going to use the Adobe Capture app to capture a shape.…In fact, I'm going to take one of my photographs…from my camera roll and have that be defined…as a vector shape.…It's going to end up in one of my libraries…and then using Illustrator, I can just clean up that shape…and then copy and paste it into Photoshop…and define it as a custom shape.…So, let's see how that works.…Currently, no shapes in my library.…I'm going to click on the plus…and that's going to take me to my live preview…and so I could point my camera at something…and take a picture or as I'm going to do, I can just click…on the bottom right to access my camera roll.…
And down in an album,…I have a picture of one of my cats.…Always a good subject when creating shapes.…Because this is a dark image on a dark background,…I'm going to click on the top center icon…and then using the slider down at the bottom,…Capture is going to recognize the shape.…And now, I need to move that slider.…In this case, all the way to the right.…So, I'm going to click the green button…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Filterswith Nigel French6h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.