Learn how to create a guide layout from selected shapes in Photoshop.
- This movie is a quick tip about how you can use…Shape Layers to create Guides.…Typically, if you're making a web mock-up,…then you will begin with a guide layout,…but you can also go in the other direction.…Let's say you have your shapes and you would…like to derive guides from them.…Well, you can come and select your shape, or shapes.…I have several within this folder,…I'm going to select that folder,…and the shape layer beneath it.…And then from the View menu,…I can choose New Guides From Shape.…
As useful as this is, I should point out…that it will not create irregular shape guides.…So for example, if you chose an elliptical shape,…it wouldn't create guides that were elliptical, but rather…would put a rectangle around that elliptical shape.…So it's not as flexible as Illustrator guides,…but still, this is a really convenient feature.…
- Creating basic shapes and lines
- Converting shapes to paths (and vice versa)
- Inverting paths and shapes
- Transforming shapes
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating web buttons, guides, and collages with shape layers
- Working with type and shape layers
- Creating custom shapes with Adobe Capture and Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Basic Shapes
2. Editing Shapes
3. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 1
4. Designing with Shape Layers: Part 2
5. Working with Custom Shapes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.